Beekman Advisors provides an array of strategic advisory services to companies and investors involved in real estate, mortgage finance and related sectors. Clients have included government entities and institutional investors, as well as mortgage banking firms, real estate services companies, non-profit organizations, real estate companies and financial services businesses.
Provided to executive management and ownership, Beekman advises on high level strategy, including corporate structure, capital sources, competitive positioning, governance and leadership, product mix and pricing.
- Help clients evaluate their businesses and develop forward looking strategic plans, including challenging but realistic goals, identifying areas that need buttressing, and improving organizational effectiveness
- Advisor to the United States Department of Agriculture on the restructuring of their $12 billion rural rental housing portfolio resulting in legislation and a demonstration program.
- Conducted broad organizational assessment for Mercy Housing, one of the largest affordable housing developers and managers in the country, leading to a major Transformation Initiative.
For institutional and entrepreneurial organizations, Beekman uses its market knowledge and financial acumen to devise innovative approaches helping companies fuel expansion, react to market changes and achieve organizational goals.
- Provide market entry advice and regulatory, capital and structural requirements for companies seeking to enter FHA multifamily/healthcare lending, GSE multifamily lending, low income housing tax credit syndication and other complimentary businesses
- Helped an experienced investment management team set up a funds management business and advised a bank in selling small, non-conforming commercial loans in the secondary market
- Set up process, criteria and structure, then evaluated fund managers in the commercial real estate debt space for an institutional investor
Ranging from mergers and acquisitions to joint ventures and strategic alignments, Beekman assists buyers and sellers with target identification, valuation, transaction structuring, negotiation, deal execution and integration.
- Crafted strategic partnerships for clients seeking access to complimentary products and services, including partner evaluation and negotiation of terms
- Executed mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments for private companies, publicly traded firms and non-profits